Friday, March 25, 2011

The Incorruptibility of God's Word

Originally posted by Sign*Reader

I had been on the fence on this thread_______________ LOL
Welcome to the party Sign*reader. Hop on the bus with Islamispeace and let me take you to school.
 
First in your long epistle you neglected to adress the 800 pound Gorilla in the room (as did Isalmispeace):
 
Originally posted by Egwpisteuw

So now let's hone in. I keep repeating myself because you keep ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room:
 
Originally posted by Egwpisteuw

God is incorruptible thus His Word  must also be incorruptible.
 
This is the only valid theological Doctrine of God's Word
 
Why would I ever entrust a whimsical, capricious, ne'er-do-well god, whose word he allowed to be corrupted by man, with the salvation of my soul? What assurance do I have that he will not also allow my soul to be lost and corrupted the same way he allowed his word to be lost and corrupted?
 
No sir. Such a god is not God.
 
The God of the Bible said that His name endures forever:
 
יהוה שמך לעולם
Your name, O LORD, endures forever (Psalm 135:13)
 
and that His Word is even more sure than His name:
 
הגדלת על-כל-שמך אמרתך
you have magnified your word above all your name (Psalm 138:2)
 
Thus the conclusion in Isaiah:
 
יבש חציר נבל ציץ ודבר אלהינו יקום לעולם 
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8
 
repeated by Peter:
 
τὸ δὲ ῥῆμα κυρίου μένει εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα
BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER 1 Peter 1:25
 
Now such a God I can entrust with the salvation of my soul.
 
הללו־יה 
αλληλουια
Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. oh so good .... I like your blogger post because you talking about Government in the early city-state and i like any thing or any post talking about it as Ancient Greece for Kids , Map of Ancient Greece ,Ancient Greece Timeline,Ancient Greece Government ,BBC Ancient Greece ,Ancient Greece Food ,Ancient Greece Religion, Ancient Greece Clothing ,Women in Ancient Greece ,Ancient Greece Art ,Ancient Greece Gods ,Ancient Greece Facts ,Ancient Greece Geography,British Museum so i will be happy if your visit my site AncientGreece.Me

    ReplyDelete